This article is about On Page Search Engine Optimization (SEO) based on latest research....
## What is one page seo?? ##
> *On page SEO is the method to optimize your website content, images,*
> *title, urls, tags, layout etc in such a way so that it can achieve max*
> *traffice from search engine*.
According to [Moz] "on-page SEO is the practice of optimizing individual web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines. On-page refers to both the content and HTML source code of a page that can be optimized, as opposed to off-page SEO which refers to links and other external signals".
## 1. Structure of URL ##
- Study on seo tell us that **urls should be short,** concise, and easily readable
- Each word in your URL should be separated by a hyphen (-) and not an underscore (_)
- Never use capital words inside urls
- Url should be contain your main keyword in which you want to rank it.
And try to keep it forward in url string
above url contains my topic keyword **on page seo**
- Try to keep short string url because it perform better than Long string urls. You should make it **3 – 5 words** .
Eg. **Yoursite.com/keywords** perform more better than
- If it is possible don’t change your url. Make it evergreen. because update in url may create dead links in those pages which is connected to it.
![various methods of on page seo]
## 2. Title tag ##
- The title should be there not only for users, but for crawlers as well. So make sure you have title tags on your page
- Best title length is ** upto 60 characters** .Keep your main keyword inside the title and try to keep it forward if it is possible.
- Create unique titles for each page so that search engine can understand that all pages are unique.
- Use brief, but descriptive titles. Titles can be both short and informative. If the title is too long or otherwise deemed less relevant, Google may show only a portion of it or one that's automatically generated in the search result
- Use keyword like “best”, “guide”, “latest” and “advance” can help you rank for long tail versions of your target keyword
- Avoid repetition of keyword inside your title
- You can use **Moz’s preview tool** to preview how your title tags will appear in the search engine.
- If you have a famous brand name then you can take advantage of it. Place your brand name at the starting of the title otherwise keep it at last.
- Use numbers and years inside title eg. **“10 things you should never forget for better life”**
to make it more effective and attractive.
## 3. Meta description ##
> **SurveyMonkey** have found that **43.2%** of people click on a given
> *result due to the meta description*
- It's important that meta descriptions on each page be unique
- Optimum length of meta description is **50-300 characters**. But I recommend to keep it **up to 160 characters** .
- [Google announced in September of 2009] that neither meta descriptions nor meta keywords factor into Google's ranking algorithms for web search.
*It can’t influence search engine rankings but do help in getting a high click through rate (CTR). Well-written meta description will help them better understand what your article or page is about*
- According to [Google] avoid following thing during writing meta tag-
- Writing a description meta tag that has no relation to the content on the page.
- Using generic descriptions like "This is a web page" or "Page about baseball cards".
- Filling the description with only keywords.
- Copying and pasting the entire content of the document into the description meta tag.
- Don't include double quotation marks.
![different types of meta tag that should be used for on page seo]
## 5. Meta Keywords Attribute ##
- Years ago, people try to insert keywords totally unrelated to their pages into their code to get more traffic from search engine. This is called keyword stuffing. so
- These days **Google doesn’t use meta keyword**s in its ranking algorithm at all.
## 6. Meta Robots Attribute ##
- With this attribute, you tell the search engines what to do with your pages:
- **index/noindex** - This tells the engines whether to show your page in search results or not.
- **follow/nofollow** - This tells the engines what to do with links on your pages: whether they should trust and "follow" your links to the next page or not.
## 7. Heading ##
- Use **h1 tag** for main heading and keep your keyword inside heading
- You should never have more than one h1 tag on any page
- For **subheading use h2 and h3** tag according to your need
## 8. Content writing ##
- Make your site interesting and useful by optimize your content.
> *Good content is the heart of SEO. Content quality has max*
> *impact on SEO. If your content is new, in-depth , well-written then*
> *don’t so much worry about SEO*
- Your keyword should appear in the **first 100-150 word**s of your article
- Including relevant keywords throughout your content is very important its help in on page SEO. But repitition of keywords can lead to your site being banned from search engines. To avoid this, try to keep your keyword density to **roughly 2-3%**.
- Avoid writing sloppy text with many spelling and grammatical mistake
- Avoid dumping large amounts of text on varying topics onto a page without paragraph, subheading, or layout separation
- Optimize content for your users, not search engines. Try to avoid unnecessary **keywords stuffing**
- *Use images and video relevant to your content for better user experience.*
- Length of content is a topic of discussion but generally seen that Longer content seems to be preferred by 2011 Google algorithm update but it can’t be a rule for each and every website. Optimum **content length about 2000 or more**.
![graph between length of content and their position ]
- Write 3-5 sentence in one paragraph and use
tag for this.
> *Regularly update your content. Google takes freshness very seriously.*
> *Back in **April 2012**, freshness was one of the algorithm ranking factors*
> *that **affected 35% of search querie**s.*
- Use tools like Google **AdWords Keyword Planner** to see search volume, or analyze what your competitors are targeting with **SEMRush** .
- Use keywords that are synonyms of your targeted keyword. It will help Google to determine a page’s relevancy.
> Duplicate content is one of the most common SEO problems. Our recent
> study shows that **50% of websites have some pages with duplicate**
## 9. Images & Other Media ##
- Adding video content to your page can also help you structure it and get more attention. It also attracts the audience that prefers visual content.
- *Using images related to your content increase user experience and reduces bounce rate. Reduction in bounce rate definitely boost your site ranking.*
- Make sure at **least one image file name** includes your target keyword ( for example, on_page_SEO.jpg ) and that your target keyword is part of your image Alt Tex . keep alt text at around **60 characters** .
- Save image file with descriptive name like **seo_image.jpg** instead of **IMG1231.jpg** . it will help search engine to find out what type of content is inside your page
- Site speed seems to be a big ranking factor.
So use compressed image because large images will take a long time to load
- For this you can use online image size reducer
Use **image of file size 70-100 kb** .But don’t use very low quality images.
- Avoid writing extremely lengthy filenames and **stuffing keywords into alt text** or copying and pasting entire sentences
- If you do decide to use an image as a link, filling out its alt text helps Google understand more about the page you're linking to. Imagine that you're writing anchor text for a text link
- Use commonly supported file types . Most browsers support JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP and WebP image formats. It's also a good idea to have the extension of your filename match with the file type
![weightage of different factors in advance seo ]
## 10. Responsive design ##
Most people are searching on Google using a mobile device. The desktop version of a site might be difficult to view and use on a mobile device. That’s why **Google started penalizing mobile unfriendly sites in 2015** . So make your site friendly for different devices like phones, tabs and desktops.
## 10. Use external Links ##
- External links to related pages helps Google figure out your page’s topic. It also shows Google that your page is a hub of quality info.
- Always **use link of trusted sites** like govt sites, edu sites, link of verified articles etc
- Use combination of follow and nofollow external link.
## 12. Use Internal Links ##
- Linking one page of your site to other similar pages on your site provides context to the search engine and to the readers as well.
- Linking back your main landing page for a certain keyword from other web pages with similar tags will help you in improving your ranking for that specific web page
- Don’t use large number of internal links. Generally **use 4-5 internal links**.
## 13. robot.txt ##
- A **"robots.txt"** file tells search engines whether they can access and therefore **crawl** parts of your site. This file, which must be named "robots.txt", is placed in the root directory of your site.
- If certain page of your site is not useful for users then you can block it by using robot.txt .
**Basic format of robot.txt file**-
User-agent: [user-agent name]
Disallow: [URL string not to be crawled]
**Blocking specific url**
## Some other factor you should consider ##
- Use **social sharing button**s it will increase social sharing
- Make user friendly page layout
- Fix any **crawl errors**
- Sniff out unnecessary code
- Use **minify** form of html , js and css to improve site speed
- Fix your broken links
- Use **canonical tag** for duplicate content in your site.
- Use **404 error** page for any dead link
![this images is about advance technique of SEO]
> Google algorithms are changing day by day. They change their search
> algorithm to deliver good quality content to users. That’s why we
> **can’t predict about SEO** that in future above method will work or not.
- But following things will always work So be focused on these things:-
- Quality of content
- Social sharing
- Freshness of content
- Time on site
- Layout and responsiveness